Halton Council 11/09/2020
Halton Village Parish Council is committed to making our website accessible so it can be used by as many people as possible.
To provide ease of use for the widest possible audience, our website includes the option to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of our websites using a keyboard
- Navigate most of our websites using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of our websites using a screen reader
We are aware of the regulations that come into force on 23 September and requested an accessibility audit of our website. An approved, independent tool (https://accessibilityinsights.io) was used to assess the web pages.
This identified some issues:
- Text size and spacing – this has been addressed
- Access to uploaded documents – we are in discussions about resolving these issues and will now publish documents in odt, rather than docx or pdfs, formats
- Image descriptions – we plan to add Alt text to images in the photo library
If you experience any accessibility issues when using our website, please email our Parish clerk. We welcome your feedback.